Sun-dried Tomato and Cheese Crostini
16 French baguette slices (cut to about 1/3-inch thickness)
Extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes in oil (drained)
- 2 tablespoons fresh-chopped basil
- ½ teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Brush bread slices with olive oil, arrange on a baking sheet, and bake until golden — about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine topping ingredients in a medium bowl. Spoon the mixture over the bread slices and serve.
— Adapted from The Culinary Review, by Annabel Cohen, metro Detroit-based cookbook writer.