1) SUNNY: Solar cells convert sun to electricity in these SOLIG lanterns from Ikea. When fully charged, shine time is about nine hours. Recharging requires about eight hours of direct sunlight. $9.99/12-inch diameter lantern; Ikea.com.
2) SPLASHY: Homer Laughlin China Co. has launched several new products, including a two-piece prep-bowl set with a garden-variety name for its botanical color: Marigold. $39.99/two-piece set, at Parisian stores; bonton.com, or homerlaughlin.com.
3) STEAMY: The latest laundry trend is machines that boast better sanitation and stain removal in the wash and less wrinkling in the dryer. LG is among the brands that have been well-received. The washer offers a combination of motions (rolling, stepping, swinging, scrubbing, filtration, and tumbling). There’s also an exclusive Allergiene cycle, which claims the removal of 95 percent of common allergens. The steam dryer eliminates odor and wrinkles. Four available colors. At Hawthorne Appliance, Birmingham; 248-644-2200.
4) SEXY: This tabletop lamp of hand-blown Murano glass in rich green with amethyst stripes is as decorative as it is illuminating. (Approximately 21 inches high and 9 inches wide). $1,585, exclusively at Roche Bobois, Michigan Design Center, Troy; 248-833-0300.
5) STARRY: Grand Rapids-based Meijer introduces domestic accents from lifestyle expert and Michigan native Katie Brown. Her collection includes the Northern Shores line, which she says was inspired by her childhood memories of Mackinac Island. Star Lawn Ornament with Drink Holder, $9.99; meijer.com.